What's new

Help! New Home theater Connection issues (1 Viewer)

Woodstock0311

Auditioning
Real Name
Kris
I recently got a new home theater system an I'm having issues getting it hooked up. I think I may be out of luck on it till I get a new LCD TV. But I thought I'd see if anyone could think of a way to connect my system without getting some type of switcher. I have an older TV that only has a cable hook-up, Thats right no A/V, no S-video, No component Video, And for sure no HDMI (yes its freaking old). I have a VCR that has cable in and out jacks, and A/V in and out jacks. I also have a PS2 and Xbox that I'm running A/V cables on both. I have a Pioneer Home theater system (Model HTP-2950DV) The DVD player has Audio out jacks, HDMI out, Video out, S-video out, and component video out. The receiver has a Digital Optical input, and two Digital coax inputs, 2 audio inputs for a TV and another item, and one audio out. I have no cable box Its just running directly into the VCR now. Anyone with any ideas would be a great help. I'l like to be able to use this in the mean time till I get a new TV.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
If you do not have anything but a coax input on the TV (meaning you don't even have the yellow video cable in called composite), you need one of these: Dynex® RF Modulator AV Signal Converter

There are various models. Then run s-video from all you components to the A/V system s-video ins, then an s-video out to this modulator, then a coax from the modulator to the TV. Run digital audio from your game consoles to the A/V sytem. Run regular analog audio from your VCR to the A/V system. Set the TV and modulator to channel 3/4 (whichever has no signal in your area).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks