Help...New Decisions

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Terry A, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Terry A

Terry A Auditioning

Aug 19, 2005
    I am buying all new equipment for a new entertainment center. (I had a small in the box system b4)

Question is. If I buy a HTPC that I can have most components build in etc. such as dvd/cd/recorder/video. Mega hard drive storage and so on. Is this the way to go? Or should I get seperate boxes?

So far I am leaning towards a Denon 3805 to power the audio and looking at a 2parts fusion htpc for the rest of the set up. However it seems like Dell,Sony,HP all have there htpc market hype going now.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
  2. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

Dec 17, 2003
    I think I would go with the 2partsfusion PC. You might also look at the Alienware HTPC as it is a similar price.

The only thing that bothers me abou the 2partsfusion pc is the cost for upgrading the processor. Alienware charges $35 to move up to the AMD3500+ from the AMD3200+ while 2partsfusion charges $100 for the same upgrade.

I think you'd probably want to boost up to either the 4000+ or one of the dual-core processors. Running HDTV can take up a lot of processor, so the more you can get the better.