What's new

********** help needed (1 Viewer)

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
I'm asking this on behalf of a friend.

"My j a v a script somehow got disabled and I cannot turn it back on. I tried going to Tools > Internet Options > Security > and then Custom Level.. but the button is disabled and I can't click on it. Hardly any webpages are working. I can't even check my mail."

Can you help?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
If the Java options are disabled it is likely that Java was uninstalled inadvertently or that key files have become corrupt. (I've actually seen both things happen in cases where a version of Java was being upgraded and the connection to the server was interrupted or another problem occurred. Either the installation would fail after the old version was uninstalled or the new version failed to install properly.)

If your friend can get to the Sun site there should be a Java download their. Otherwise you should be able to download the installation file and deliver it or send it via snail mail on a CD.

Regards,

Joe

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
The problem in this case seems to be "ja va scr ip t" (weird that the very word is disallowed here, somebody got a bit overeager with the security settings?) as opposed to "Jav a".

I spotted a page at Microsoft that details how to reinstall the jav a scrip t engine, among other things. Worth a shot.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;236846

Although, the best fix is to just stop using IE and stick to something else - in my personal opinion, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks