Help needed with WMP XP

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Wilson, Apr 9, 2002.

1. John Wilson

John Wilson Supporting Actor

I am looking for suggestions as to how I can keep the peace with two teenagers sharing a computer. I am running XP PRO and have set up the kids on their own logins. All of the music files are located on an external HD in one folder. Obviously the Windows Media Player is being shared as well as the files. What causes the strife is that when music is added, it downloads a copy to WMP and changes the content and playlists. Is there any way to set up WMP for multiple users who can have seperate music files and so that additions by one user are transparent to the other? My son and daughter have differing opinions on what constitutes good music.[​IMG]
    Thanks for your help. I guess I don't know Windows Media Player as well as I should.:b

2. Jeremy-P

Jeremy-P Stunt Coordinator

One thing you could do is switch to winamp, because i know it doesn't do that. Otherwise, maybe 2 installs of WMP? I'm not sure if that works, but it's worth a try.

3. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Amazing how Microsoft expects other companies to correctly handle preferences for multiple users in order to get the "Designed for Windows XP" logo and yet so many times they fail to do so themselves.