What's new

Help needed with Tempest. (1 Viewer)

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
I could be wrong but I think Christopher was saying that his receiver didn't have a digital coax input. That is why he has to use analog ins/outs.

Even so,when playing music, as long as he has his speakers set to small and sub to "on" then he should still get signal to his sub with the 80hz crossover frequency. My Sony receiver works that way as well.

Honestly, I think the problem lies elsewhere. I would suggest pulling the driver and double checking the wiring. If that seems fine then use a spare receiver if you have one and try powering the sub that way. Good luck Christopher.

Regards,

Dan Hine

Will Pomeroy

Stunt Coordinator
You should try plugging your stereo DVD signal directly into your sub, and then you can see if it was your receiver setup, or your wireing job...

Of course you'll have no highs or mids, but it would be a good test...

Good luck to ya!

Thanks Guys,

I arrived home yesterday and hooked up the subwoofer into my parents stereo who have a full 5.1 setup. Played some stuff with the Matrix and other things and it was very impressive. My mom was in the bathroom a couple of room away and she said the wall's started shaking and vibrating during an explosion. I still have to calibrate it but I am assuming I fixed the problem. One more questions tho, I loved the big bass sounds in Matrix and other screns but in some more delicate scenes, it just sounded overwhelming and out of place. For example, Terminator 2 during the Motorcycle Scene where he is being chased in the drainage pipe ditch and the truck exploded sounded great. But during Arnolds "Bad to the Bone" scene the bass line seemed heavy and out of place. Too loud almost, will calibrating help this? Finally, I have some extra polyfill, will adding more help or hurt anything? And, I have noticed the ports spitting out a little polyfill how do I get it to stay in there. I stuff most of it in the bottom, we'll actually top of the enclosure when it is right side up? Is that correct? Sorry about all the questions but thanks for all your help.

Chris Fisher

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm amended this thread title since it has more to do with user error than the Tempest under-performing.

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
Once you calibrate to an even level, it should be fine (not overpowering quiet scenes, but still blowing you away in the loud parts).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks