Help needed with Paypal buyers Function

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DeathStar1, Aug 30, 2004.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Hey all,

Anyone else have this problem? I'm trying to re-setup my For Sale Page so people can easilly buy items from me through paypal, but something is wrong.

I go through the Merchant page, and Create a Button For my item. The first Button Works fine, as you can see at http://www.ninjaturtlesnetwork.com/HTML/ForSale.htm . The Second, and all subsequent Buttons, however, all take me to the main paypal login page, and I can't figure out why.

If anyone else has had, and fixed this problem, and info is appreciated..

Thanks!
    Neil

2. John K Carter

John K Carter Stunt Coordinator

Just guessing but you may need to include your business name (e-mail address)
    as a Hidden Input Field within each buy now form.

Like it is added in your View Cart form.

3. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Hmm, I wasn't sure where to add it, so I just messed around with putting it in various places, and sadly, no go [​IMG]...

4. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    It's difficult to tell if you created the buttons properly with all that encryption. Are you sure you copied the code generated from Paypal exactly?

Also, you really should format your HTML for readability. What's the id of the DIV tag that works so I can compare it to the others?

5. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Yep, I copied it from one < arrow to the other > . It seems I can only get one of each button working at any given time. One Buy it Now Button works, and one Add to Cart button works... but none of the others do...

6. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Hey guys,

I got it working. Still not sure about why it wasn't working the way it was originally generated, but with a little bit of tweaking, it's now all working properly...

Thanks

7. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    I'm really curious. What did you do to tweak it?

8. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

There was this line,

INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="EnterpriseServersCorporation" VALUE="[email protected]"

A 2, 3, and 4, etc... was being added after the Buisness name each time I created a new button...

I also had the same problem with this line, where the Cmd had a number added after it as well..

INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="cmd" VALUE="_cart"

And there was one more line with the same problem. Why it didn't work the way it was being generated, who knows...