Help needed! Will GC output via component AND composite outputs?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DaveGTP, Jan 23, 2004.

1. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

Question for those of you with equipment that accepts component:

If you plug in the component video cables to the GC (digital a/v out), and leave the standard composite/s-video/av adapter plugged into the standard a/v out, can you get a video signal from both of them?

I've got an issue - I'm planning on getting an X1 projector and it accepts progressive scan component through the VGA/SCART breakout cable, and non-progressive component through an S-video/component break out cable (to save space?). I want progressive scan GC but I need it to output s-video as well, for games that don't do progressive scan.

2. Arthur Legardo

Arthur Legardo Second Unit

I don't have a definitive answer for you but since you have to have both composite A/V (audio only) and component video (video signal)connectors connected to the GC, I don't see why you wouldn't get a video signal from the composite connectors.

3. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

The problem is, I don't have the component video hookups - I haven't bought the projector yet.

I am hesitant to purchase the projector and/or the $20-30 component cables from nintendo only to find out I can't use them. I would buy the component cable and hook it up, but I don't have anything that accepts component at this time.

And I might change my mind on the projector if I can't effectively use it for progressive scan GC. So I am kind of hunting for information before I pull any triggers.

I was wondering because I know when I turn on the component outputs on my Panny CP72 DVD changer it kills the s-video signal. I've seen other instances of this type of behavior as well.

Pretty please, can someone with both check it out for me?

4. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

Hey, I got an answer over on LCVG from J.Fo.

Apparently as long as you're running in non-progessive mode, you still get video from the s-video cable at the same time as the component.

FYI in case anyone every asks again.