What's new

Help needed on Diva decision vs my current Energy setup (1 Viewer)

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Folks,
I have posted this question over at the AVS forum but I figured I'd post it here as well. I'll start off with my gear list : Marantz sr-7000 as a preamp until the Outlaw 950 comes out , Anthem MCA5 II,
Energy 22.3 mains , Energy AC300 center ( very nice ), Energy RVSS surrounds, Dual SVS 20-39 with Samson S700 amp,
Integra DPC 5.1 DVD player and a modest 32" Sony Trinitron .
I have read just about all of the posts on the AVS forum about the Divas (it took me a few days ) and there is obviously a love for these speakers there among the owners.
I love the look of the Divas, I think they are beautiful. I'm just not sure how they will measure up soundwise to my current setup. The 22.3 mains are a full sized speaker with fabric tweeters and they do sound nice, there is a link to the brochure for them at the bottom of my post.
I beleive they were the predecessor to the Connoisseur series although a tad more expensive. I'm guessing my speakers are 8-10 years old( I bought them used last year ).
If any of you have any experience with any of these speakers could you please give your opinions/suggestions ? I am thinking about getting the Diva 6.1 mains, C3 center and the 2.1 for surrounds. I live in Canada and definately DO NOT want to pay to ship the Divas back so I have to take a leap of faith if I'm going to do it. I listen to music about 50% and HT 50% .
Sorry for the long post but I kind of need some direction.
Thanks,
Sean
Energy 22.3 Brochure

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks