What's new

help needed in set up of HC4000 (1 Viewer)

rajung

Auditioning
Real Name
robert jungweber
Well I recieved my Mitsubishi HC4000 today and began takeing down my Optoma and setting up the new one today.The ceiling mount set up wont work so I am going to mount on a shelf on the wall.The manual says to set the lens at center of screen.I still have my 4:3 screen set up until the new 16:9 shows up.I temporarily set it up at 30 inches from the center of lens up from the floor.Since I dont have it all set up the way I want currently the projector is 12 ft from screen to front of lens and.Strange thing is that I am playing The Batman Dark knight and Proj. set at 16:9 ration and while playing the movie the projected screen image changes.Most of the time it plays at 28 inches tall by 69 in wide and also goes to 34 x 69 and 39 x69

I know its only a 12ft throw but this seems a little silly.The projector Calculator on the net shows at that range of throw it should be around 49 h x 100 Diag. x 87W

Thanks for any advice

rajung

Auditioning
Real Name
robert jungweber
Well I just found a zoom!

Hope thats it

Man, I shouldnt admit that

Hope thats it

But will screen sizes change in height while playing movie?

rajung

Auditioning
Real Name
robert jungweber
I restarted the movie and at the exact same spots the size changes,really makeing it tough to decide where to set the Pj as far as distance from floor

GeorgeAB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
G. Alan Brown
Some scenes in 'The Dark Knight' were shot with IMAX cameras. Those scenes are formatted in a 16 x 9 aspect ratio (1.78:1) on the disc. The rest of the movie was shot with 35 mm film and formatted for 2.40:1 anamorphic aspect ratio. This was an artistic decision presented with dual formats in the IMAX theaters. The same methodology was carried through for the optical disc release. It drives people nuts who use an anamorphic lens or zoom method for a constant image height, Cinemascope screen.

There may be a test pattern for screen alignment in the menu of your projector. If not, use a similar test pattern from a home theater setup disc, such as 'Digital Video Essentials: HD Basics.' You can also just use a standard HDTV channel on your video programming service, or use an optical disc program formatted for 16 x 9 screens.

Best regards and beautiful pictures,

G. Alan Brown, President

CinemaQuest, Inc.

A Lion AV Consultants Affiliate

"Advancing the art and science of electronic imaging"

rajung

Auditioning
Real Name
robert jungweber

wow, thanks for that infoway more than I would have thought to be the issue!

GeorgeAB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
G. Alan Brown
Only one small example among a gazillion why being able to hire an experienced professional can help avoid problems in designing and installing a home entertainment system. Hobbyist forums typically only offer guidance for isolated problems when they happen to be recognized as such. Many consumers have problems of equipment performance they never identify, and just live with the diminished value as a result. Ignorance is not bliss in such cases.

rajung

Auditioning
Real Name
robert jungweber
thanks again for the info,I tried another one and still set up at a throwing distance of 12ft.As a note the screen didnt change on this one.Just a question though.The prjected image is at 40" heightwith zoom all the way out, going by the projector calculator @it should be showing a image of 49 inches, if I run the distance down on the calc.to the image that I get it shows a throw distance of9.5 ft.Is this just a rough est. of what it should and be that far off,thanks

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Which projector calculator are you using?

The one here is showing exactly what you are getting. With the zoom at minimum and a throw distance of 12 feet, the projector will produce an image that is 39" high and 80" wide for a diagonal measurement of 70" (that's a 16:9 aspect ratio).

If you used a different calculator, please let us know. If it is that far off, we should be sure to avoid recommending that calculator to other HTF members.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
You must be setting something wrong.

In the zoom box on the left side of the calculator, pull the slider all the way down (zoom of 1.0).

Set Aspect Ratio to 16:9.

Drag the indicator on the Throw Distance slider to 12' 0" (or enter the value in the input field to the right of the slider).

There you go.

With the zoom at maximum (1.49x) and at a throw distance of 12' 0" you would get an image size of 58" x 104" (or 119" diagonal).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks