Help needed from our Japanese Members :)

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DeathStar1, May 17, 2004.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Hey all,

I had a friend of mine who moved back to Japan because of his fathers work. We used to write regularly, but I havn't heard from him in the last 7 years or so...

I can only think of three problems...

1)The address I'm using is not correct.

2)He moved, and the familly currently getting the letters dosn't understand them

Or 3)He's forgotten his English(wich is why he told me he was taking a class to teach English)....

So I need help with one of two things...

1)I took two different address off of two envelopes he sent. Their Identical, except one has a number above his name, and the other dosn't...

It looks like this..

164-0001
    Takashi Hamada
    Address
    Tokyo, Japan.

What is that 164-0001 number, and do I need to include it in order for the letter to get where it's supposed to go?

Also, if he's forgotten his English, are there any webages out there that can translate English text to Japanese? Maby I can send a letter that way?

Thanks!

2. Parker

Parker Agent

Seems to be a valid address. I fired off a letter to that address and Takashi responded, saying he just plain doesn't like you and got tired of all those pics you kept sending him of you in women's lingerie.

3. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

4. He was eaten by wolves

5. Was trying to rescue his archeologist father from inside a Tokagawa shogunate stronghold three hundred years ago by going back in time with a dimensional transporter and was eaten by wolves in the past. He is now fossilised wolf poop.

6. He was eaten by cannibals who suffered from lycanthropy and thought they were wolves.

7. You don't really have a friend. You never did. Your a schizoid and the lovable soap-producing anarchist that moved to Japan you thought was your friend was just a figment of your imagination. This explains why you've woken-up so tired for seven years... and have lots of airline peanuts in your poop.

Or maybe something else entirely.....[​IMG]

4. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

Japanese are smart and don't forget english. [​IMG] jk...

7 years.. that's a long time.

Maybe he moved. It would be nice if you could get his email or could "track" him down using his name and previous address.

Ever see the movie "Serendipity" where Cusack tries to find the woman of his dreams through a tedious paper trail. You can play the role of Cusack. [​IMG]

5. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Gotta love(HACKHACKCOUGH) when you post an honest question and get smart asses answering it in return... What's that phraze? Nobody loves a smartass? [​IMG]

6. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

7. Parker

Parker Agent

I do take offense to your comment, sir. There was most certainly nothing in my post that indicated any intelligence whatsoever.

8. Matt_M

Matt_M Stunt Coordinator

Neil the number is indeed the postal code. Make sure you include it with your letters. There is also a symbol that looks like a "T" with an additional horizontal bar on top sometimes added to that number.