Help needed, adjusting gray-scale on Sony KP57-wv600

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Michael_Winkle, May 14, 2004.

1. Michael_Winkle

Michael_Winkle Auditioning

After several visits from my service center, we may have fixed the flickers issue with my set. However, after the replacing of the faulty parts, I seem to have a severe problem with my gray-scale.

When the television is on a video input without a source connected (say Video 3 without the VCR turned on) the screen is supposed to be completely black. On my set however, the upper third of the screen is a light gray with the rest being black.

Can anyone offer a procedure that would correct this gradient in gray-scale? The problem is very noticing and quite distracting.

Thanks for any help.[​IMG]

2. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Michael,

what you're describing is not a problem with "gray scale" so you won't get the answers you want with that thread title.

Gray scale refers to the "color temperature" of different shades of gray, basically whether they're reddish (low color temp) bluish (high color temp). The test pattern for this is often a stack of horizontal bars starting with a white bar at the top and getting progressively darker toward the bottom, which may have led to your confusing your problem with gray scale.

I have no idea what is causing your problem, but it's not a grayscale problem. I think a call to your service tech. is in order.

3. Michael_Winkle

Michael_Winkle Auditioning

Thank you very much for the reply. I think that you are right in that a call for service is in order. That's what I will try.