HELP!! Need to get a HDTV by 7/15/01 (3 to choose from)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Don Kozelek, Jul 13, 2001.

1. Don Kozelek

Don Kozelek Auditioning

I have a dilemma that I need to take care of by this Sunday (7/15) when a local sale ends. I have narrowed my selection to the following:
    1) Mitsubishi 65807 ($2687)
    2) Mitsubishi 65857 ($3178)
    3) Mitsubishi 55857 ($2748)
    4) Toshiba 57HX81 ($2843)
    I've been trying to read as much as possible at this forum as well as the HomeTheaterSpot.com and I can't seem to be able to just pick one.
    The Toshiba sounds real nice but won't be available until late October. The Mitsubishi sound like great tv's but I'm not sure if the 65857 is that much better than the 65807.
    Any help would be very appreciated.

2. Marco B

Marco B Agent

Go to avs forum and ask the experts there too and go to audioreview.com and look at what other people had to say about those models.

3. Eric Scott

Eric Scott Second Unit

Don
    Hold your horses, sales happen every week, you may miss a better sale next week! You need to make a decision about the size and exactly which model you want.
    Good Luck!

4. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Don: why did you not include the Toshiba 65H80? It can be had for around $2500. IMO, the 65H80 is a much better value than any of the Mitsu's... although I really wish I could afford a 65907... [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Take Care,
    merc

5. Don Kozelek

Don Kozelek Auditioning

Thanks for the replies so far. The main reason I want to do the purchase by this Sunday is that I've been in my new house for about 2 months and have been debating about an HDTV for about 4-5 months - I just can't pull the trigger. The sale that runs through Sunday is one of those "Buy at half of our normal mark-up" type sales. I figure this is one way to get me to finally make a decision.
    Keep the suggestions coming...

6. Andrew Grall

Andrew Grall Supporting Actor

7. Eric Scott

Eric Scott Second Unit

Only after owning my 56H80 for while did I realize how much fun I was having just looking for the right TV and HT system.
    After you strip off the box, get it turned on, grab the remote and do the deed, you're virgin experience is over forever! Take it slow and enjoy it.