What's new

HELP!! Need to get a HDTV by 7/15/01 (3 to choose from) (1 Viewer)

Don Kozelek

Auditioning
I have a dilemma that I need to take care of by this Sunday (7/15) when a local sale ends. I have narrowed my selection to the following:
1) Mitsubishi 65807 ($2687)
2) Mitsubishi 65857 ($3178)
3) Mitsubishi 55857 ($2748)
4) Toshiba 57HX81 ($2843)
I've been trying to read as much as possible at this forum as well as the HomeTheaterSpot.com and I can't seem to be able to just pick one.
The Toshiba sounds real nice but won't be available until late October. The Mitsubishi sound like great tv's but I'm not sure if the 65857 is that much better than the 65807.
Any help would be very appreciated.

Marco B

Agent
Go to avs forum and ask the experts there too and go to audioreview.com and look at what other people had to say about those models.

Eric Scott

Second Unit
Don
Hold your horses, sales happen every week, you may miss a better sale next week! You need to make a decision about the size and exactly which model you want.
Good Luck!
WARNING: *Prior to purchase of Home Theater Electronics you may suffer from acute indecision. Side effects can include confusion, anxiety, restlessness, tension, dry mouth, agitation, weight loss or gain, sexual dysfunction, sleeplessness, drowsiness, constipation, withdrawal from social activities, marriage and relationship difficulties, headaches, blurred vision, grandiosity, employment disturbances and bizarre thinking.
You may want to consider professional help!
crazy.gif

*Continuous use of these products may cause addiction and require participation in financial counseling.

J

John Morris

Don: why did you not include the Toshiba 65H80? It can be had for around $2500. IMO, the 65H80 is a much better value than any of the Mitsu's... although I really wish I could afford a 65907...
biggrin.gif

------------------
Take Care,
merc

Don Kozelek

Auditioning
Thanks for the replies so far. The main reason I want to do the purchase by this Sunday is that I've been in my new house for about 2 months and have been debating about an HDTV for about 4-5 months - I just can't pull the trigger. The sale that runs through Sunday is one of those "Buy at half of our normal mark-up" type sales. I figure this is one way to get me to finally make a decision.
Keep the suggestions coming...

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
4) Toshiba 57HX81 ($2843)
From what I have heard, this TV won't be available until August-September... So, I think your choice for a Toshiba by tomorrow is the 56H80 or the 65H80.
I am waiting for the 50H81 which should be available any day now...
------------------

Eric Scott

Second Unit
Only after owning my 56H80 for while did I realize how much fun I was having just looking for the right TV and HT system.
After you strip off the box, get it turned on, grab the remote and do the deed, you're virgin experience is over forever! Take it slow and enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks