HELP!!! Need suggestions...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Dwayne F, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Dwayne F

Dwayne F Auditioning

I have just starting thinking about getting a HT system in the past couple weeks. I know nothing about this stuff. From reading a couple posts on this forum I am thinking about a Refurbished Onkyo HT-S760 for $340 from ecost.com. I don't won't to put thousands of dollars into a system either and it is going into a very small room in my condo.

So lets say I wanted to keep the system to a max budget of 400-450, what can be put together for better sound and reliabilty than the Onkyo S760?

To let you know my knowledge of this stuff I almost bought one of the Sony's HTIB systems at walmart, so help me find a decent setup!

Thanks

2. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Supporting Actor

If you only have a little bit of money I found the Yamaha HTIB's to be some of the better HTIB's out there.

3. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    My brother bought a HT-650 in January. Very nice starter system and the reciever and speakers are good enough to be used in another room when you up-grade later on (which you will). The Yamaha's are also nice and come with much smaller speakers which may be better for a smaller room. If you have a Fry's near, watch their ad's. They had the 760 for $379 new last month. Gene