What's new

Help, need pro advice on a few things…. (1 Viewer)

RobertT

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert T
Short version…

My DVD player, Xbox 360, HD satellite receiver, etc all can output 1080i or 720p. My projector is an InFocus 7210 that converts to 720P. In general, are you better off feeding the projector the highest resolution that it can take, and letting it down covert? Shall I feed it 1080i or 720p? What if I can feed it 1080p? In short, which is better at converting, the projector or the dvd player/xbox/etc???? This is driving me crazy, I have tried both ways and cant tell a big difference, but want it right.

Second, my HT room is completely dark with light absorbing dark paint. I have my projector set at 44% of the max brightness at the lowest setting and it seems to look the best. Is this normal? Everyone seems to talk about brightness and lumens, but I am using less than half of the available output at the lowest power setting. Could this be tweaked another way to give a brighter picture yet not loose the rich darks and colors?

Lastly, is it worth it to buy a DVD for calibration? If so, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance everyone! I have to say that our home theater has been the absolute best investment my family has made in many years. We now use that room more than any other.

RobertT

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert T
PS. I have a DVDO HDMI switch, 4 inputs one output, so all of the items other than the xbox360 are going to the projector via HDMI. If that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avinrulez