What's new

Help! Need parental lock code for Malata N996 (1 Viewer)

Rolando

Screenwriter
Hi guys,

As always when I am really stuck and cannot find the answer I go to the one source that never fails me, the HTF!

I've had my Malata N996 for a couple of years now and have never used the parental lock. Never thought I would but now married and sharing DVDs with my little 6 year old I realise I might want to try it this feature on the player.

It asks for a 4 digit code and I am pretty sure I never chose one. Figure default would be none or something simple but alas I cannot figure it out. I tried no code, 0000, 1111, 9999, 1234 and many others like it but to no avail.

searched the Malata site, nothing. Checked online and found something on a forum about the Malata N960 default parental lock code being 3308 and tried that. nope.

So here I am. Any idea what the default code is or how to reset the parental lock code?

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
I'm pretty sure the default is/was 3308. Try 2580, but I really just pulled that one out of thin air.

Short of that, a full reset is likely in order. I think the sequence is:

SETUP
Down key 5 times
OK
Down key 6 times
Right key once
OK
SETUP

Rolando

Screenwriter
Thanks for the reply John. Tried 3308 again AND tried 2580 but no go. Figured what the heck try full reset. Followed your instructions and that did not work either. It did not reset.

At this point I will settle for either one. the lock code or how to reset the whole thing.

Thanks

Rolando

Screenwriter
Sorry, thought I would bump this in the hopes someone might see it and help... still can't access parent lock.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks