What's new

Help - Need On-Line Receicer Buying Advice (1 Viewer)

Scott Ailstock

Auditioning
I recently went shopping on-line for a Sony DA4ES HT receiver, and a pair of Klipsch RS-3 surround speakers to complete my 7.1 system. I found your normal places like Crutchfield that you know you can trust, but I also found two websights (brandnamez.com and expressaudiovideo.com) that had prices 30% lower than local dealers or Crutchfield. Does anybody have any advice or warnings about on-line buying of higher end HT equipment from these lesser known web sights. Thanks for your help.

Harold A

Stunt Coordinator
Scott,

I would check out OneCall. I have purchases seveal things through them. They ship everything FedEx and aare an authorized dealer. I would highly recomend them,

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Scott:
I would also recommend J&R (www.jandr.com):
1. Great prices, usually negotiable.
2. The Sony ES pieces are not on their website, so you have to call for prices, giving you the opportunity to negotiate.
3. Authorized dealer for most things they sell.
4. You'd be supporting a merchant in lower Manhattan, which is a good thing these days.
--AM

BrunoB

Auditioning
I had a very good experience with Oade brothers (two days delivery to NC for $25, total $700, very well packed :)) and a not so good one with Uncle Stereo in New York (got a used broken unit, $45 shipping :angry: )
Bruno

Mike Kelly

Stunt Coordinator
I've been searching around for a good price on Denon and a few other brands and found Crazy Eddie to have terrific prices. They have the Sony DA4ES for $636.95 and also carry Klipsh (RS-3 II) for $374.95/pr. I've never purchased from them so I can't vouch for their reliability. Maybe someone else has.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
I bought my DA4ES from Onecall without any hassles; granted they don't have the lowest price but not a problem for me since I plan to pricematch Crazy Eddie with my AMEX card (BVG program).:D

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I second J&R Flight with them & you should be able to get them to match Crazy Eddie's Price. This has worked a number of times for me & if you get one salesperson on the phone that won't match the price CALL RIGHT BACK & get another one because sometimes one will take a lower commission. I have also found that if you fight with these places at the end of the month some will deal a lot more to get the sale in their next commission check.

Users who are viewing this thread