What's new

HELP- need advice bad (1 Viewer)

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Ok I posted before how i am having a problem with my picture curving when playing games on my PS2 on my new Toshiba 36HFX71 I basically get a slightly curved black strip running up the left hand side of the tv its about a 1/4-1/2 inch thick

the technician from the store i bought it at said that he contacted toshiba and they are aware of the problem, but they dont consider it their problem, they say that the PS2 only outputs a signal that is .8 volts, not the full 1 volt the tv needs, and hence the problem (it also is a result of the PS2 not ahving an internal line doubler) aparently due to tolerances in manufacturing this problem varies from tv to tv and PS2 to PS2. but ultimately toshiba isn't trying to resolve this problem, they lay it in the lap of sony.

the technician says that he can adjust my picture so that this problem is fixed, but it will throw off the picture for all over viewing types, to what degree he cant say until the adjustment is made.

I pretty much maxed out my budget buying this tv so the only options in terms of a different tv would be to step down to the Sony XBr 32" ot the Tau 32" which at this stage is somethign i am not majorly interested in doing... but i suppose is an option....

does anyone else have a PS2 and has noticed this problem?

does anyone ahve any kind of advice at all. please i am really freaking out here and i need to ehar some voice hell it dosent even have to be the voice of reason (although that would help)

cheers
John

John-Miles

Screenwriter
I also have a question to ask here. would it be possible to adjust overscan or geometry settings for a particular input? but not have it affect the other input settings? because an acceptable solution for me would be to adjustone of the HD inputs where my PS2 goes in to make the picture good for gaming while elaving my normal tv watching unaffected. true it would affect any dvd's i watch with my PS2, but in the next 6 months or so i plan to get a stand alone dvd player so i could live with this solution until then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks