What's new

Help: Need 3 video inputs but only have 2 (1 Viewer)

Rob White

Stunt Coordinator
Right now I have Tivo hooked up with S-video to one of my tv's inputs and my dvd hooked up by component cable to a second tv input. My tv has really has 3 inputs but one is on the front of the tv and thus can't really be hooked up to my VCR without looking bad in an otherwise sleak, custom flush-mounted entertainment center. I could use my receiver as a video switcher but it won't be able to use the component cable from the dvd (since the receiver only has s-video inputs/output).
We really won't use the VCR much. Just for a few video tapes and to copy something from the Tivo. Any other ideas for me that I might not know about?
Thanks in advance for any help...... Rob
------------------
Receiver: Onkyo 595
Speakers: Energy Encores
TV: Sony 43T75 rptv
DVD/CD: Panasonic RV-31

Looked up the specs for your tv and it says 1 component in the rear and 2 svhs/composite in the rear -- why can't you hook the vcr to the 2nd composite connection? Or you could hook it to the 2nd rf input on the rear...
------------------

Vin

Supporting Actor
Rob, I would use a composite to S-video converter for the VCR. Then both your Tivo and your VCR can be connected to your receiver with S-video allowing both sources to be fed to the same input on your TV (S-video).....switching can then be done at the receiver. (DVD will connect directly to your TV via component as you have it now).
Hope this helps.
------------------
[Edited last by Vin on August 16, 2001 at 10:30 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks