Help! My Tivo missed last week's Survivor!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by LDfan, Dec 31, 2001.

1. LDfan

LDfan Supporting Actor

Can anyone give me a breakdown on what happened on 12/27 survivor. My cable was out as usual so survivor wouldn't record.

What were the challenges? Who got in fights? Who got kicked off?

Thanks,

Jeff

2. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

The reward challenge involved playing "The Match Game" with videotaped answers to questions for the survivors' family members. Whoever got the most matches to the questions (like what was their most embarrassing moment? etc.) got to go on a great spot where they would be able to eat like kings, and sleep in a nice comfy bed, and see Africa from a hot air balloon (where they saw some fierce animal action of the survival of the strongest principle). Lex got the most matches so he won the prize, and he got to take one other survivor with him, so Lex took Tom.

Tom and Lex were driven to their luxurious spot to be treated like kings, and Tom got drunk as a skunk (very funny stuff) and Lex got to use Jeff Probst's Visa card to charge everything.

The rest of the survivors were miserable, Kim J resorted to making playing cards with her paints and papers.

The immunity challenge was the one where the survivors had to knock other survivor's hanging pots to the ground with the African equivalent of a tomahawk. Tom proved to be excellent with the tomahawks and mowed many of the survivors down. Kim J inadvertently knocked one of her own pots to the ground, this would cost her as she and Tom wound up being the final two contestants. Tom was able to knock Kim J's last remaining pot to the ground to claim immunity.

In the snippets before tribal council, the audience was led to believe that Tom is still pissed at Lex for his "save" Brandon non-vote, and that Teresa had convinced Kim J to vote out Lex with the votes of Kim P, Teresa, and Kim J (the tie-breaker would not favor Lex who has many votes casted against him). But in the end, the original Morons (Tom, Lex, Ethan, and Kim J) all voted to boot Kim J (she and Teresa did vote to boot Lex, but with the 4-2 vote, Kim P was given the boot.

4. Alex S

Alex S Second Unit

I missed the show too.

Why didn't Lex take Ethan and repay the favor from before when Ethan took Lex ?

Just curious.

5. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Lex didn't give a motivation as to why he took Tom, but since Tom finished second, I think that was part of it, plus Lex might have known that Tom was sort of pissed at him for splitting the vote before.

/Mike