What's new

Help! My Sub makes my walls 'buzz!' (1 Viewer)

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
I have an Energy S8.2 Sub, recently upgraded from a 50 watt Sony SW. I have had great results from it, much deeper and tighter bass than I am used to. However, during particularly aggressive scenes, the low frequency will literally vibrate my walls, causing a very distracting buzzing noise. This is more due to the small size of the room and the necessity of placing my HT in the corner.

My question is: what is the best way to alleviate this without simply turning down the LFE? Is it a bad idea to place something (such as a phone book) underneath the sub to help 'absorb' the vibration? Because honestly, this really helped, but it doesn't seem like a good long-term solution.

I have a small (10 X 12) room for my HT and very little space in which to maneuver. Any tips & tricks would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Joseph

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Try a patio block. Like a 14 x 14 x 2 block or a floor tile.
Do you know what's causing the buzz?
Amstel light?:emoji_thumbsup:
Heineken?:star:

Tom Weeks

Stunt Coordinator
Go to Link Removed These vibrapods will absorb almost any amount of vibration. I used them to make my DVD quit mistracking when my SVS is making the room jump. They work great.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Tom,

A friendly tip: You don’t have to make a new post when you make a boo-boo like this. Just click the “Edit” icon at the top. It will let you into your existing post, and make the changes.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Luis A

Second Unit
Joseph,
I know what you are going throgh. I had the same problem with my M&K MX5000 ,and MX350. I ended up moving them out of the corner so that the side, and rear of the subs are 12" from the front, and side wall. It was a real pain since they are stacked, and I have a bad back, but the problem was fixed with no change in bass.
Also a friend of mine stuck a pillow behind his, and it got rid of the problem.
Hope this helps.:)
L
ps- Tom has a good idea with the vibrapods, or if your sub accepts spikes you could also try Martin Logan spikes. These spikes are heavy duty, and add a little style to your sub. L
http://www.martinlogan.com
Go to the Extatic shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks