HELP! My Sub isn't working ..what's wrong????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by lissie, Nov 3, 2001.

1. lissie

lissie Agent

Hi , I have a Polk 450 subwoofer.(Approx 3months old) All the sudden it doesn't have anything coming out of it.I haven't touched any of the connections & I haven't played it loudly so I dont think it could be blown.It's been working fine. The connections are still good (I did use monster subwoofer cable) The units haven't moved. I checked the back and the power light is on. Could the problem only be with the sub or could it be the receiver?(Technics SA-DX 1050 ...Also 3 months old)I also checked the connections in the back of the receiver Everything worked perfectly and all the sudden ..no sound from sub. Help!!!! I m having people over to watch Shreik !

2. Kevin Coleman

Kevin Coleman Second Unit

Did you maybe accidentally turn the sub off in your menu on the receiver. Make sure your main speakers are set to small also. If thats not it the amp on your sub could be bad.
    Kevin C. [​IMG]

3. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Right, check all the basics.
    Make sure the receiver is setup as it should be, try swapping out the linelevel cable...make sure the settings on the sub are right(if it has off/auto/on...make sure the cat didn't swipe it to off,for example).
    If the sub is in AUTO mode...try setting it to ON(if it has the option)...maybe just the auto-on failed...and you can get by without it for the weekend.
    TV