What's new

Help! My Sony Sat-HD200 won't power on!! (1 Viewer)

Brian Steeves

Second Unit
I went to watch a pre-season football game tonight and my HD200 wouldn't power up. It has be unused for several months now.

The last time I went to turn it on it did the same thing, it wouldn't. So I unplugged it for awhile plugged it back in and bingo it came on. However this time I've had it unplugged for 10-15 mins and still nothing when I plug it back in.

I even took off the top to see if the fuse was blown but it is fine. I checked the chord and it's getting power to where it connects to the board and through the fuse.

Usually there is a little indicator to show the unit has power even when it's turned off but it's not there. And this is what it did the last time I had this happen. I figured that if the unit isn't used for long periods of time that it somehow goes to "sleep" and must be woken up?

Anyway, if anyone has had similar problems or has any suggestions please let me know.

BTW I checked the manual and all it says if you can't turn it on is "is it plugged in".

Thanks,
Brian

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
The only other 'simple' thing to do is pull the card and try turning it on.
Then put it back in and see if you get anything

Brian Steeves

Second Unit
I posted over at AVS and HTT the smae day as I did here. You are the only one to respond with at all.

I tried the "cold boot" procedure annnnnnd, nothing.

Bummer I guess it is off to the repair shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks