Help! My Pronto Remote drank my Diet Vanilla Coke! (I thihk it is drunk)

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Grady Hollums, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Grady Hollums

Grady Hollums Second Unit

Well needless to say I love my Pronto TS1000/01 Remote almost more than everything in my HT. Well while playing Xbox I pull on the chord to the controller which tipped over my Coke and it spilled onto my Pronto.

It worked immediately after that, but then it started being drunk. It told me the batteries were dead and when I replaced the batteries it immediately (after about 20 seconds) told me they were dead again. The touch screen will not work now and the only things that do work are the actual buttons: back-light, contrast scroll, reset button, Mute, Chanel, and Volume. The touch screen works a little, but it is almost as if only two small areas work and even when they do register a press of the screen the calibration is screwed up. and the button you try to press is not the one that you wanted to press.

OK, so what should I do?

1. Can I send the TS1000/01 off to be fixed?

2. What is the Philip's controller that replaced the Pronto TS1000/01? How much is this going to set me back? (I thought $300 was a bunch when I first bought this one.) Where is the cheapest place to buy the new equivalent remote that I have now?

3. If I did buy a new one will my Pronto files still work? I did notice that my Pronto Edit has not been updated and they have a new one, but it is only for other remotes.

Thank you for your help and I look forward to your responses.

2. James St

James St Supporting Actor

3. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

You can get a TSU2000 for fairly cheap now that the pronto ng (tsu 3000) is out. I've seen them go on ebay for less than $200...

It just has another meg of ram and is silver, it's pretty much the same otherwise, I think.