Help my panny won't turn on!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by JasonS, Nov 15, 2003.

1. JasonS

JasonS Stunt Coordinator

I have a Panny 47wx53, that won't turn on. I just finished my basement a week or so ago, and moved it down then. I had not had anything but my Dish receiver hooked up before last night, when I hooked my dvd player(via component video) up and moved the sat receiver(switching coax cables).

Now, when I try to turn it on the the audio starts coming on like normally, but the video never starts. After about a second, the audio stops also. The power led on the front is off, but blinks every minute or so. HELP

~J

2. Wes_B

Wes_B Extra

Mine just died and they are replacing the whole thing. The problem I had was that it made an audible "snap" then no more picture. It was/is fried.

3. JasonS

JasonS Stunt Coordinator

Great. I think mine did the same, but I'm not sure because I was also playing with my daughter when I tried to turn it on. Sucks that I can't even call the TV repair place until Monday, then who knows when they'll be able to make it out.

How long did it take you to get the replacement?

4. Wes_B

Wes_B Extra

I called last Monday and they just came out to look at it this Saturday (today). It will be replaced this week.

5. JasonS

JasonS Stunt Coordinator

Well, the repair company came and took the guts to my set yesterday. He said it would be about a week. Sucks though, because one day more than a week hits Thanksgiving, so it will be more like two weeks.