1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Help! My new Panny plasma is driving me nuts!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Paolo DT, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Paolo DT

Paolo DT Auditioning

Hello. I was wondering if someone can shed some light on this problem.
    I recently bought the new Panasonic 7-series 50" HD plasma display, and in general I am very happy with it.
    However, I also bought a DVI input card in order to connect it, via dvi cable, to my new Denon 2910 dvd player.
    Now, everything is fine as long as I set the denon to 480i, but when I change the resolution to either 720p or 1080, the image disappears completely form the screen, and I can't seem to do anything to make it work.

I called Panasonic assistance, and they say that I should not use the DVI input card/cable to view a dvd player but only a computer. According to them, the problem would be solved by buying a HDMI card and connecting that way (which I wish they had told me before I bougth the DVI card...) to the HDMI out of the Denon.

Does this make sense? And if it does, then why would Denon put a DVI output on a dvd player if it can't be used properly?
    I hope someone here can help me out.
    Thanks in advance,
    Paolo

2. Mort Corey

Mort Corey Supporting Actor

It's not Denons port that's the problem, it's the DVI input card. I call where I bought the card and see if they will do an exchange (or perhaps they know something that tech support doesn't)

Mort

3. Howard Clarke

Paolo,

Here is my opinion on your situation. If Panasonic said that the card is for a computer it is probably DVI-I. The Dennon is most likely DVI-D. Both the have the same connector but I believe they are different pinouts.

Howard