What's new

Help! My new Panny plasma is driving me nuts! (1 Viewer)

Paolo DT

Auditioning
Hello. I was wondering if someone can shed some light on this problem.
I recently bought the new Panasonic 7-series 50" HD plasma display, and in general I am very happy with it.
However, I also bought a DVI input card in order to connect it, via dvi cable, to my new Denon 2910 dvd player.
Now, everything is fine as long as I set the denon to 480i, but when I change the resolution to either 720p or 1080, the image disappears completely form the screen, and I can't seem to do anything to make it work.

I called Panasonic assistance, and they say that I should not use the DVI input card/cable to view a dvd player but only a computer. According to them, the problem would be solved by buying a HDMI card and connecting that way (which I wish they had told me before I bougth the DVI card...) to the HDMI out of the Denon.

Does this make sense? And if it does, then why would Denon put a DVI output on a dvd player if it can't be used properly?
I hope someone here can help me out.
Thanks in advance,
Paolo

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
It's not Denons port that's the problem, it's the DVI input card. I call where I bought the card and see if they will do an exchange (or perhaps they know something that tech support doesn't)

Mort

Paolo,

Here is my opinion on your situation. If Panasonic said that the card is for a computer it is probably DVI-I. The Dennon is most likely DVI-D. Both the have the same connector but I believe they are different pinouts.

Howard

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks