Help! My font size went super big!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeH1, Dec 16, 2002.

1. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

I could read this from across the street! A couple of hours ago I reached for my glass of water and my arm brushed against some keys on the keyboard. I was on a video game forum and all of a sudden the font was much bigger. WTF?
    The desktop is all the same and the settings for my video card are all the same. Interestingly enough its not super huge on all websites, just this forum and the other one I was reading(that I have checked). UBB code got messed up?
    Any quick replies would surely be appreciated before I need to get some coke bottle lenses. [​IMG]

2. Dereck Graefer

If your using Internet Explorer, go into the view menu and check the text size option. That may be the problem.

3. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Be careful not to hold down the Control key and scroll your mouse wheel...that'll mess up your font sizes! Just go to the view menu as already suggested to fix.

Also, not all websites will allow you to change font sizes, unless you override them in the Tools->Internet Options->Accessibilities dialog box. This can cause quite a few nasty surprises when you go to a different site that has no size restrictions.

4. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

Thanks guys that was the problem. I must have had the mouse wheel down and hit control at the same time. I didn't know about the font size option in IE under views.

Anyway, thanks again!