What's new

Help!! My DVDs only play in Pro Logic 2 mode and not 5.1 digital - any ideas? (1 Viewer)

chris house

Auditioning
Got a new Panasonic SA-XR15 receiver.

No matter what movie I play (and they all say 5.1 dolby digital on the back of the box) they all play in Dolby Pro Logic II mode.

There's a Dolby Pro Logic 2 button on the remote which i've obviously pressed numerous times and also i've tried a hard reset.

any ideas??

Charlie C

Stunt Coordinator
you may have to go to your options screen within the ps2 [at startup with no disc in it] to tell the ps2 that it should send a different signal.
also make sure you choose 5.1 from the dvd menu, which im sure you do.
or you could spend $40-$50 on an inexpensive dvd player and your worries will be over with.

chris house

Auditioning
all of the movies i've got have not got an audio select (to select 5.1) - although they all state on the back that they are in dolby digital.

Charlie C

Stunt Coordinator
dolby digital can stil mean mono.

if your movies are not 'standard' movies, go rent star wars phantom menace or something to double check.

I purchase many concert dvd's and they said dolby digital, but were only in stereo. for it to be 5.1 it must say 5.1

chris house

Auditioning
for instance, i've tried Cradle To The Grave which states on the back, with a diagram that it is 5.1. there are no other choices or menus which allow you to select the soundtrack within the dvd menu on the films

does the PS2 have to be told to output dolby digital??

Charlie C

Stunt Coordinator
"does the PS2 have to be told to output dolby digital?? "
dont know but have you tried to go into you ps2's setup menu?

Allen_N

Stunt Coordinator
Make sure you have it set to Doby Digital in the PS2 setup menu. I would say this is your problem.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You have to set your digital audio options when a DVD is in the player, or some of the options are not available to you (in the PS2's setup menu, not the disc's).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.