What's new

HELP, My DVD Player is dying I think - what to get (1 Viewer)

Father John A

Stunt Coordinator
My Sony DVP-S360 is dying.....I think.

Trying to watch the Incredibles tonight and half way through it started glitching out (freezing, pixelating, skipping, etc). I checked the disc and found it to be perfectly clean. I then tried it on another of the same model and it played fine. Ditto with my Mintek. So my questions are:

- Is it most likely dying? Is there any chance it needs cleaning?

- If I spring for a new one, what should I be looking for in terms of compatiblity down the road (connections, etc.

I plan on getting a new TV withing the next year (I hope) and will most likely go with DLP or LCD RP.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Fr. John, I have heard many complaints about the incredibles screwing up people's DVD players. I work at Best Buy and I keep hearing it from everyone, even on this forum. Try cleaning it if you don't want to buy a new player. If you do want to buy a new player, consider an upconversion DVD player. They do up to 1080i. But if you told me the TV you are definately going to get, I could make some good reccomendations. UNfortunately it varies from TV to TV.

Father John A

Stunt Coordinator
Alexander,

Thanks for the reply. Very helpful actually.

I have no idea what TV to get yet. I'm working with a sub-$2000 budget so it leaves few choices.

I think I will hold off on a new player until the HD units are affordable. I have a Mintek which, of course, works perfectly. Cheap isn't always bad.

I'm not sure what size your looking for but check out the Samsung DLP's. 50 inch is around 2250 and the 46 is around 2000. Great Tv's. IN case your interested

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks