What's new

Help!! My blues are green. Panny 53wx42 (1 Viewer)

Leif Wall

Second Unit
Tv was doing great for awhile, no problems at all. Then all of a sudden I noticed something was very wrong. After throwing in Avia, it turns out my blues are now green.

Checking the grayscale revealed nothing. Looked perfect. Only when looking at the color bars (and when watching movies etc..) did I notice the problem. The blue bar looked just like the green bar.

I'm competent in the service menu and have fixed problems on my tv before. I don't have any equipment like a color decoder or anything like that.

Anybody have any advice, or have seen this happen before? Help!!!! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Sounds like a panasonic POP ... issue. It happens to new sets ...

Fairly easy to fix.

Regards

Leif Wall

Second Unit
Michael, I've had the pop before. I used the screen pots to fix it last time and it worked great. Tried that this time and I couldn't find a happy medium with the green and blue. If I get my grayscale looking 'right' to my eye the blue will be green. If I get my blue to look blue it messes up the grayscale.

Leif Wall

Second Unit
Arghh, turns out it was my component cables. Looks like I was freaking out for nothing.

Rajeev_s

Stunt Coordinator
Component Cable connection has happened before to me, everything is black and white with green tint.
I have a panny 53" too with no problems at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks