HELP! Moved to Colorado and need to find some GOOD HT stores

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MitchSN, Oct 21, 2002.

1. MitchSN

MitchSN Auditioning

So far all I have been able to find are chain type Home Theater Stores. Please can someone direct me to some decent High end stores for hardware and software (DVD's)? I had to go out and find a replacement Avia DVD (friend never gave it back) and I searched long and hard for it. Eventually found it at a Suncoast video store and paid full price for it.

2. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

What part of Colorado do you live in? I used to live in Denver.

3. MitchSN

MitchSN Auditioning

I live in Broomfield and work in Boulder. Any places you could point me to around there or in Denver would be terrific!

4. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

When I think of High End audio/video in the Denver/Boulder area, I think of ListenUp. They've been around a LONG time (over 25 years), and they sell high quality gear.

5. Mark_Sparks

Mark_Sparks Agent

I live in the Denver area and have two friends that work for a high end home theater outfit. One is the accountant and the other is a sales person. They do many of the Denver Broncos and Avalanche players houses. They recently just did Coach Shanahan and Trevyor Price. The company is called Electronic Environments and they have a store inside the The Great Indoors at Park Meadows Mall and they have a store at the Flat Irons Mall, which I think is near Boulder. If you want to get in touch with them about a specific product send me an email.

6. MitchSN

MitchSN Auditioning

Thanks guys, i actually have been to the place inside The Great Indoors. Its where I saw the Bello Plasma Stand which I ordered for my Plasma TV.

Im still need to find a decent DVD store. Suncoast is pricey.

7. Keith Helms

Keith Helms Stunt Coordinator

The Best Buy stores generally have the best prices. Don't know if there's one in Boulder, but they recently opened one out in Broomfield just off 36 at Flatirons Crossing (think that's the name). Tower Records at Cherry Creek Mall has a good selection, but the prices are sometimes higher. Stay away from Media Play, Sam Goody, Virgin Records, and Suncoast unless you gotta have it and price is no object.

8. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

SoundTrack is another decent place to check out hardware that you wouldn't find at a normal A/V store like Bestbuy, Circuit City. There are quite a few around the Denver area. The closest for you would probably be the store off of I-25 at 84th ave. There is another one, although smaller, on ~64th and Wadsworth.

9. ShaunB

ShaunB Auditioning

Mitch

Listen Up is in Boulder, I want to say it's on Arapahoe and 20 something in a strip mall. Bestbuy, Wharehouse Music, and Circuit City(28th and Pearl)next to Sound Track for DVD's.
    Hope this helps
    SB

10. Patrick Lyons

Patrick Lyons
    For Hardware check out "The Big Picture" they have multiple stores in the metro area. The Sound Shop in Colo. Springs is good too. As for DVD's, if you want selection and don't care about price Tower records is hard to beat. Otherwise, I'm afraid it's Best Buy and Circuit City. Online stores are hard to beat for price and selection though.

11. Matt Goddard

Matt Goddard Stunt Coordinator

I'm still boycotting SoundTrack. They supported DIVX.

12. MitchSN

MitchSN Auditioning

Thanks for all the responses, but one problem I have with most of these places is that their DVD selection sucks. I had to look for a replacement Avia disk that was never returned to me and no one had it except Suncoast. Ended up paying $50 for it. [​IMG]

13. Keith Helms

Keith Helms Stunt Coordinator

14. Michael Were

Michael Were Stunt Coordinator

I live in the SW part of the state, but I was in Denver about three weeks ago and I went to Denver Audio Design and was really impressed. My wife even enjoyed it (mostly watching the DLP projector). I was trying out a SACD player with a hybrid disk on the same PSB speakers that I have at home. It is a very relaxed, no hassle kind of place with comfy chairs and couches where you can just listen and watch in an acoustically clean environment.

Michael

15. Josh J

Josh J Auditioning

In the future you may want to think about buying something like Avia online somewhere. I know amazon.com has it for 37 bucks, and I'm sure you can find it even cheaper elsewhere online. Support www.lasersedge.com, they are a really great online store as well.
    Jj

16. Augustin Rodriguez

Mitch,
    I live in Highlands Ranch, about 45 miles south of you, and I can tell you without hesitation that Best Buy is always the best source for cost effective DVDs. Suncoast, Media Play, Sam Goody, and Tower all suck big time. If you want to pay full MSRP for any movie then go to those other chains, but if you really want to save money, go to Best Buy. Sometimes you get lucky at those other stores, but it's rare. Borders is OK some time too.

If you are looking for a hard to find title, Media Play every time. If I have problems finding titles I usually find them at Media Play.

As far as buying hardware goes, Soundtrack for sure. I know they supported DIVX but after a while I forgave them. The beauty about Soundtrack is their not snobs, they have everything from high end to the blue light special. They don't have the super high end stuff, but an awesome selection. Another awesome thing about Soundtrack is they offer layaway for those of us that want an expensive piece of equipment but do not have the money right now. I believe all you need is 10% down and make monthly payments. Here is the kicker, your monthly payments are not set which means you can pay $25 or $1,500 if you want. All they want to see is you making an effort. If you decide that you don't want that item on layaway down the road, no problem sir here is your money back.

I can go into Soundtrack and make a small to medium purchase and I always get a card from the salesman asking how everything is going or to call him if I have questions. To some people this means nothing, but to me customer service is more important than the products they sell.

The other stores that were mentioned, Listen Up and others, in my opinion are for the serious buyers. I've been in their Denver store and could not find certain name brand products because the company is small and cannot afford to carry the full line of products. I personally was not impressed, but to each his own.

Welcome to Colorado

P.S. Stay away from The Big Picture. There customer service sucks big time. I had a problem with a TV I bought there and they did nothing for me. I am not one of those pain in the ass customers either, I just want things taken care when I have problems. The same thing happened at Soundtrack with a product and they replaced it with no questions asked. Just FYI.