What's new

Help!!! - Mitsu 46809, green screen? (1 Viewer)

Mickey Geer

Agent
I arrived home today to find that my mitsubishi WT-46809 had a green picture on EVERY input, with horizontal lines going through it. I called the company I bought it from and they are willing to come and get it, when their service technician gets back from vacation. They thought over the phone that it had a bad gun, but really had no clue. I removed the front to view the guns, and they all seem to be emitting light, albeit it is impossible to determine for me if they are correct or not. Any help is greatly appreciated, as the kids are dieing to watch their new DVDs they got for christmas and I am freaking over my "baby" not working right. Thanks all

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
perhaps the G2 control got bumped or knocked, that is causing increased green and artifacts. ???

Time for the service tech.

Best of luck

Gregg

Mickey Geer

Agent
Thx greg. The service tech talked to Mitsu tech support and they steered him to the "high def module". He first looked for a look connection somewhere inside but to no avail. He removed the module and is supposed to be returning with a new one sometime this week. I'll cross my fingers that he doesnt mess something else up, as he banged a screwdriver on the main board about 6 times while trying to get the screws out of the cover over the module.

Mickey Geer

Agent
Ok i need some help. The service tech removed what he called the high-def tuner. He was supposed to get one from the shop and replace mine. I called today to find out he sent it off to be "repaired" and it would be 6-7 business days in the "repair" shop. I was expecting they would replace the defective module with a new one and not repair it. I have only about a month left on my warranty and I am afraid I will experience more trouble with a repaired part then I would with a new one. Anyone know if this is common practice or am I being jerked around?

Mike Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
Greetings Mickey,
I am not certain that the tech is on the correct track to resolving your problem. From the description of the symptoms you entailed, I would think that you have a flyback or deflection board problem.
Mitsubishi, like many manufacturers has a diagnostic feature that pulses the LED power light in 12 different sequences to indicate where the fault might be located.
It very well may be feasible that the tech's approach is correct and appropriate, however it seems unorthodox on the surface.
As for parts status, it should be that a warranted set has new parts, but it is also not uncommon that boards are re-manufactured and sent out with full warranty associated with it. Generally, the local rep gets involved and an extension is given to that part for supplemental warranty.
For example, your set may carry an additional year on the part that was replaced, but not the entire set.

Please document for yourself all calls with the person you spoke with and their ID number, as well as the time of day and the date. File away all companion paperwork for future accessibility.

Good luck, and post your results for us.

Mickey Geer

Agent
Thanks Mike for the information. I did notice 2 flashes from the power LED when the tv was turned back on. The repair technician basically just called Mitsu I believe and they troubleshot the problem for him. He kept calling us back asking questions like was there sound and was it on all the inputs. I really don't believe he had any idea on his own what to do. I will take your advice and document all dealings and hopefully this will be resolved. Thanks again.

Mickey Geer

Agent
I talked to the owner of the store today and he said they used remanufactured boards because they were "cheaper" but he did say they come with a 1 yr warranty, so that makes me feel a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks