What's new

Help, Mits WS HDTV and dvdo iscan (1 Viewer)

Lucas Dang

Stunt Coordinator
I have a mitsubishi 65807 WS HDTV and version 1 DVDO iscan. I bought a VGA to component cable, and I hooked it up. I get a picture thats in the animorphic screen mode, but it wont allow me to switch modes, its the locked in progressive problem, but the thing is my tv is not supposed to lock in progressive. I have Toshiba 5109 ProgScan DVD also hooked up to the component inputs, it doesnt lock, and I can select the modes.
My tv manual says it is compatible with RGB HV sync, Component YPrBr, and even RGB sync on green. It should be working, I tried all the inputs including the one used for the dvd player which works properly, none of them are allowing me to change formats.
Does anyone know whats wrong here, is the dvdo scan not compatible. On top of all this, without being able to compare it in the proper screen format. So far the picture does not look any better than the picture thats line doubled by the tv's internal scanner. I just wasted hundreds of bucks for nothing or what?
Please help, thanks in advance.

David Kraus

Auditioning
I ran into the same problem.
The dvdo will not allow the switching of modes on your Mits, or any other HDTV other than Toshiba. I cannot remember why. If you call DVDO, they will tell you. I ended up returning the dvdo, and the Mits and chose instead the Pioneer Elite series display so I did not feel that I would need a line doubler. DVDO did not have a problem with me returning the doubler because of this issue exactly. I figured, though that they would have fixed this issue by now.
Good luck,
David

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I guess this is an issue with the early model of the iScan. This is not a problem with the iScan Pro.
- Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks