What's new

Help! Missing RC-X USB driver for Atkis remote (1 Viewer)

Terry Wysocki

Stunt Coordinator
I just built a new computer and when I hooked up my Atkis RC-8000 to it, I was asked for the drivers for "RC-X USB". I don't remember having any disk come with the Denon 5800 but this used to work on my old PC so I must have had the driver from somewhere. The lame Denon website offers no help at all. Anyone have this driver that they could email to me? Or some advice as to where I can get it?

Thanx,

Terry

I'm just having the same problem, can not find driver for the RC. Just downloaded the update from Denon but can not install driver for the remote so it wont do. Any help based on your experience? I have a 5800 non upgraded.:frowning:

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Myself i've no guaranteed answer. assuming you're using XP, there may be particular issues. While I'm sure you'll be contacting Denon, in the meantime, a couple of things come to mind. First of all, on the older pc you have Terry (i'm assuming you've still got it) you might want to go into device manager and see what driver this thing is using. It may provide a clue. Perhaps you need to update your operating system via patches? Maybe the way it works is if its listed in device manager, you need to remove it, uninstall any software you have...Reboot...Install Software, power down, hook up the device and power up. could be the drivers are in the folder where the software is...Wish I had good answers instead of ideas you might've tried. Keep us posted!

Im using Windows 98 and Denon clearly says they have no personnel or help for this this upgrade. I will be contacting Denon Jeff to see if he can help. Will keep you posted

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I ran across this
For those of you having trouble getting the computer to recognize the RC-8000, be aware that when you first plug it in, Windows will ask for a driver. Click browse and point it to the /Program Files/Denon/RC-8000 editor directory where a RcxUsbA.inf file lives. That's your driver for the remote.

Well if this works then great! Feedback is good.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
that should've been my first suggestion as i've had other programs i've used that have done silly things like stuck needed files in say the temp directory leaving the user to figure it out.
now about this pain in my right ankle Doc...you see it feels like I pulled my achilles but...:)

Users who are viewing this thread