What's new

help me (1 Viewer)

Donnie R

Agent
Can someone help me choose a nice reciever for under $600 that has at least 6.1 capabilities and at least 3 or 4 optical inputs. I have searched for so long and I cannot narrow down to what i feel are the best ones. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Donnie

Lee M T

Second Unit
My problem was finding a quality receiver with 6.1 preamps, comp video ins/outs and 3-4 optical inputs, and keeping it below $500. Pioneer and Kenwood seemed to be the only choice at first, but I finally ran across the Yamaha RX-V640. It's $499, but I chewed Tweeter down $60.

It has everything you need: 2 component video ins and one out, 6.1 channel inputs for DVD-A or SACD, 6.1 channel preamps, 3 optical inputs on back, 1 optical input on front, and one coaxial input on back. Tons of other goodies as well. Since you're price range is up to $600, you could step up to the RX-V740 which adds 5 watts more per channel, a slightly better remote, and on-screen-display.

I am very happy with my RX-V640. It was a vast improvment over my old Pioneer.

Donnie R

Agent
thanks for the help Lee. I was also looking for some of the same features. How does everyone think the Sony STR-DA2ES stacks up to the yamaha Lee mentioned.

thanks again

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Don't get the DE line from sony. Only ES.

There are lots of solid recievers out there for $600 or less, from Denon, HK, Marantz, Onkyo/Integra, Pioneer Elite, Sony ES, Yamaha, Outlaw, etc. etc.

I have the Marantz 5300, should be under 600, awesome unit, and has all the functions i need, with very solid sound quality to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks