What's new

Help me with the title of this Christmas song (1 Viewer)

Mike Witt

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all and Happy Holidays!

I recorded The Bells of Saint Mary's with my Tivo over the Christmas Holiday off of TCM and at the end of the movie there was a little song and promotional video by TCM in which they played this 50's sounding song. I would love to know the title of this song if anyone saw it and knows the tune. My Tivo recording stopped just briefly into the song, but here are the lyrics I picked up off of the clip:

"Snow is falling and friends are calling"
"It's the winter wonderland we knew"
"In our crazy kind of way"
"It is in our hearts to say"
"A happy, happy...."

...and that's all Tivo got. The whole song has some "doo-op" background singing going on with it. It sounds like a really cute song, and I would like to hear more of it. Anybody know a title. I know it's not much to go on, but the forum is great for this kind of stuff.

Thanks for any help.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I think it might be "Happy Holiday(s?)".....but I can't find the lyrics to verify that.
If it is, Andy Williams recorded it in the early 60's.

Mike Witt

Stunt Coordinator
It's not "Happy Holidays". I have that CD (one of my favorites). I've never heard this song before and it sounded great, what little I got to hear of it. I'm sort of compiling a lot of Christmas songs into a collection and I am making an effort to collect any unique ones I come across. I am on a mission to find out what this song is.

Thanks for your reply, and if anyone else has any ideas, let me know.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Mike, are you certain the song is actually a 50's song? I was thinking the song was an original composition for the TCM promo (or 'bumper'), filmed and recorded in a deliberately retro style -- which would be appropriate for a channel specializing in product from the 30's, 40's, and 50's.

In any case an email or snail mail to TCM could possibly resolve this matter.

Mike Witt

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not certain about anything. :)
It may very well be that is the case. I am still investigating.
Thanks for the reply and suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks