What's new

Help me with Sony DVPCX995V please. (1 Viewer)

selkec

Grip
Real Name
chris
I have a Sony DVPCX995V and every couple months it loses all the data and I then have to retype in all 400 dvd titles. I have read where Im not the only one with this problem but cant find the answer. Is there a firmware update or something to fix this. It is a big pain in the *&^.

Tom_Price

Stunt Coordinator
Thaaaaaaat's a bummer! I too have the 995V and I've had it for a little over a year now. I have never once had an issue with losing the disc titles, but I have heard of numerous people who have. Why Sony would make a 400 disc changer and have no memory back up is beyond me, but apparently is the player is without power for too long, it looses the information you put into it. As for the time being, there are no firmware updates or any plans for one at that. Are you also as annoyed as I am with not being able to disable auto-play when you power the unit up??

My recommendation (and unfortunately, it's not cheap): Sell your player and pick up the Sony CX-777ES which will set you back a couple hundred more, but it has an RS-232 port. THEN, you purchase the Escient SE-D1 media manager which now retails for $999 and use that to manage your DVDs and get the titles and info from gracenote. The combination is amazing and is far better than Sony's disc menu. I know it may sound like a lot, but I guarantee the headaches it will save you will make up for it. Good luck!

TJ Price,
Custom Installer
www.completehomesystems.com

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
That's strange and boy does it suck

I have 2 different model changers and never heard of that

Do you ever turn it off via the button on the unit instead of the remote?
I've noticed when you use the button on the unit it sometimes kills it in the middle of a process and when it comes on it resets.
The sw updates are pretty are to find but try sony and see if they have it listed
Good Luck!
Grant

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks