What's new

Help me with an OLD made-for-TV movie (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
A conversation at work reminded me of a made-for-TV movie from years ago...possibly the mid to late 70's...my details are sketchy so bear with me! I think it was part of the "ABC Tuesday Movie of the Week" (I used to LOVE them!) but I could be wrong. The movie was about some people that were locked in a department store at night. For security, the store let loose a pack of Dobermans. (That might figure into the title too...) So these people try to survive the night with these mad dogs. I know it's not much, but it's all I can recall. Any ideas?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Trapped

Not sure, but seems I remember seeing this as well though I only remembered 1 person and not a group of people. This was in the midst of all those Trained Doberman movies (They Only Kill Their Masters, etc). It seems like maybe I saw a repeat b/c 1973 seemed a bit early. I must admit the Doberman movies scared me terribly.

What was it with the late 60's and 70's about animals becoming the enemy -- Ben/Willard, The Dobermans -- a bit different than all the mutations of the 50/60 with Frogs and Rabbits and Spiders and Ants taking over the World.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Yeah, that is "Trapped" with James Brolin. Funny, I just watched this one a couple of weeks ago! It is Brolin alone who is in the store with the dogs.

It was from 1973, but I'm sure they repeated it later. I had seen it once before on late night TV, probably more than 20 years ago.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys! That's the movie...I couldn't remember if he stayed in the bathroom on purpose to remain in the store overnight. I work in retail and a co-worker thought that a good way to clear customers out of the store was to announce that the guard dogs would be let loose at closing time...and THAT got me thinking about the movie. Thanks for all the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks