What's new

Help me with a RPTV Suggestion for a close friend (1 Viewer)

John Cain

Second Unit
I have a close friend who wants to buy a 51-56" 16:9 RPTV.

He would like to spend approx 2500-3000.

What RPTV in this range with this info are folks recommending and buying these days??

All help and replies will be most appreciated!!

Thanks!!

-- John

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
There are plenty of good deals out there right now on hdtv rptvs, I just bought a 65" samsung tantus for about 2300, form hh gregg. They are real suckers when it comes to selling there tv's they will practically sell you there family if you buy a warranty. After taxes and a 5yr warranty it came up to $3000 even, but the scamer in me will take it back before 30 days , get a refund and then buy it back a week later for proably half the price,:D lol

Brad_V

Second Unit
If you can buy a 55" Sharp 4H from Best Buy, get one. They're clearanced out at I think $1999, and that is THE best picture I've seen on an HDTV short of the Pioneers which are at least a grand more. The Sharp is highly praised for picture quality, just have to watch for the vertical line problem. If one is available though, at the current Best Buy clearance price, to me it's a no-brainer if you want a 16:9 set. Nothing else comes close to size and price and for certain picture quality.

Other than that, with so many ghosting problems said about the Toshibas, I'd be leery of those. And they're usually marked-up to the sky, too.

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
Me thinks the ghosting issue isn't as big a deal as it's made out to be...could be just me, but I don't have a problem with my 65H81. Click the link in my sig for some pictures of the TV etc...I'll try and snap more screenshots this weekend..
John, the 65H81 is a 65" 16x9 RPTV...it can be had for less than $3K. E-mail me where to get one at a good price (not allowed to mention publicly..)
I hope that helps...
Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks