Help Me Stay Connected!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Art Morales, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Art Morales

Art Morales Agent

I've been playing Castle Wolfenstein for a little bit and really like it so I decided to try the online multiplayer. This is where I run into problems I can get connected to a server but when I'm about to join a game my connection gets lost this happens every time no matter what server I try.[​IMG] So being new to online gaming I was wondering if there are any tricks or settings I should know about. Oh by the way I'm on a 56k modem.

2. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

What map are you trying? Are you in the Dial Up Modem section?

When you say the server doesn't load, do you get messages like "Server is for Low Pings Only" or "Server is Full"??

Here's my suggestion: make sure you are in the dial up modem option at the upper left hand of the page. Then, on the right, there is a colum labeled Ping. Go to one that is in the 300 range or so. See if you can get in the Beach (you may be trying to join games of Maps you don't have, like Trenchtoast.) Try that, and report back.

3. Art Morales

Art Morales Agent

Thanks it was working early this morning. I did notice that my ping rate was pretty high so I'll stick with the servers with a high ping rate. thanks for the help![​IMG]