Help me spend my $$$!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrianRS, Jul 18, 2001.

1. BrianRS

BrianRS Stunt Coordinator

O.K. I'm taking the plunge! Here's what I have decided on so far:
    1. Toshiba 57h81 (as soon as it's available)
    2. dst 3000 box
    3. Onkyo 595 (I think it has enough power for now until I can afford a good 6.1 or 7.1 receiver)
    Here's where I need help. I currently have JBL ARC 90's as mains (I know they aren't great), KLH center and surrounds (I know, these are even worse), and no sub. I have another $900-1000 to spend and need recommendations.
    I want to get quality pieces that that I can live with for awhile and was thinking about an svs sub next. Also, if I go with a center and/or surrounds, should I get something to match my JBL's or some other better brand and match my mains to them later when I can afford them. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

2. BrianRS

BrianRS Stunt Coordinator

Forgot to mention that I also have a DVD player - Samsung N2000 (was a gift)- so that is not a priorty at this time.

3. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

My advice is to save up an addition $100 or so until you have $1,100. Then order the Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 package with the HSU VTF-2 sub. That will take care of the sub and speakers immediately. Later on you can upgrade the sub to one of the SV models but for now that is about as good of a package as you will be able to find.