Help me set up the Xbox!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bruce White, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Bruce White

Bruce White Stunt Coordinator

My son has an Xbox and we have Halo. We have the HD adapter kit. We have an optical cable.

My TV is a Mits 55819. My receiver is an Integra 5.2.

I have the HD adapter kit hooked up to my TV via Component input 2. I have the optical cable hooked up to optical input #1 on the Integra.

We played the game like this but just didn't seem to hear any great sound benefits. Could this be because we were playing in multi-player Slayer mode?

It seems like my son had to select "CD" on the Integra in order to get the sound to come out properly.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Bruce

2. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III

On some receivers, yours included, the optical in jack is assigned to the CD button but that doesn't have a negative effect on sound quality if you use the jack for something else. It's no different than plugging a VCR into a jack labeled as (audio 1).

3. Aaron Schmitt

Aaron Schmitt Stunt Coordinator

You'll also want to make sure you turn on the Dolby Digital option in the XBox Settings/Audio section.

Aaron

4. Bruce White

Bruce White Stunt Coordinator

Well, we finally got the surround working. We couldn't seem to get it working when selecting "CD" on the receiver. We changed to Video2, set the audio input to Opt1, set the Xbox to enable Dolby Digital and DTS.

Not sure which of those things did it, but now we get the surround sound.

Thanks for all your input!

Bruce