Help me prioritize these purchases.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dome Vongvises, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

When it comes to buying videogames, I'm much slower than most of the people in the rest of the gaming world.
    Basically, I need help trying to determine when I should buy a game. Here is my list of games I want and will probably buy:
    Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
    Kingdom Hearts
    Super Mario Sunshine
    Resident Evil (GC)
    Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
    Warcraft III
    The Thing
    The basic question is, what do I buy first/second/third/etc.?

2. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

my 2 cents

1-warcraft3
    2-resident evil
    3-mario sunshine
    4-kingdom hearts
    5-medal of honor
    6-rogue squadron
    7-the thing

i put the thing in the end because it is short. rogue squadron is rather shallow. medal of honor...i got seasick playing that game, but there are ultra cool missions in it. especially when you play the levels that involve your pc controlled comrades.

3. Scott "E"

Scott "E" Second Unit

IMO
    1- Warcraft 3
    2- Medal of Honor (if it's the PC version)
    3- Resident Evil
    4- Mario Sunshine
    5- Kingdom Hearts
    6- Rouge Squadron
    Can't comment on The Thing yet as I have not had a chance to play it. I bought it last week, but I want to watch the movie again first and then play the game all the way through. Hopefully it will happen someday [​IMG].

4. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

1. Warcraft III (AWESOME... just AWESOME... get the collector's edition [​IMG] )
    2. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
    3. Super Mario Sunshine
    4. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
    5. Kingdom Hearts
    6. Resident Evil (GC)
    [​IMG]

5. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

1. Warcraft 3 (How can you not buy a Blizzard game?) [​IMG]
    2. Super Mario Sunshine
    3. Medal of Honor (If you're a bit FPS fan. Not being a big fan of the genre, I've even enjoyed this quiet a bit.)
    4. Resident Evil
    5. Kingdom Hearts
    6. Rogue Squadron
    7. The Thing
    Not a slight toward The Thing. Just that those other ones will more than likely be enjoyed more.
    Glen

6. BrianB

BrianB Producer

7. John Bryant

John Bryant Second Unit

Super Mario Sunshine-You need this. NOW.
    Kingdom Hearts
    Warcraft III
    The Thing
    Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
    Resident Evil (GC)
    Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

8. Dome Vongvises

BrianB said:
    How does Rob continue to read my mind? [​IMG]
    Folks, there are some people I still haven't heard form about this yet. Keep it coming.

9. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson
    1. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II (Best. Star Wars game. Ever.)
    2. Super Mario Sunshine
    3. The Thing
    4. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
    5. Resident Evil (GC)
    6. Kingdom Hearts (Although I've never played it.)
    7. Warcraft III - I haven't played this one since the day I bought it, just not my cup of tea.

10. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Well, I'll throw in my 2 cents as it were. I'm more of a "mood" type of gamer so take that into consideration[​IMG]:
    1. Super Mario Sunshine-I personally would go with Mario first and foremost. You get a good length adventure here that will provide hours of fun. You can beat the game without doing the full 120 shines and there in lies the replay value.
    2. Resident Evil (GC)- After the lighter and cuddlier side of gaming with Mario, you will need a big heavy change of pace. Something that you can get through in a small bu enjoyable amount of time. Resident Evil is perfect here. Eerie, scary and 2 playable characters to play through if you are looking for some replay value.
    3. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II-Well, you've gone to the colorful and happy side of gaming, then went into the depths of hell, not too mention you may want to give the old wallet a break. Heres a good change of pace. Very fun game that provides a definite challenge. Good sci-fi action and Star Wars, you cant go wrong (and woth mentioning again...its cheap too!)
    4. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault- From intergalactic war to World War 2. Might as well keep the war theme coming! Atmosphere. Best word to describe this game. Good, fast paced FPS. (Get the blood patch ASAP!). Wont take you horrible long to beat either.
    5. Warcraft 3- We've moved from war in space, to war on earth, now lets top it all off with something more fantasy flavored. Can't say much about Warcraft 3 since I haven't played it and I pretty much despise RTS games in general (There are some exceptions to that but a very very limited number). If your an RTS fan though, I don't see this being a purchase you'll regret[​IMG].
    6. Kingdom Hearts-I would suggest ending the whole thing with a retun to the lighter side of gaming. After all this war and horro its time for something nicer. not too mention lengthy. Kingdom Hearts suprised me as I wasn't even interested in the game before but its got great gameplay and you'll keep playing to see the different disney worlds in action!
    As for The Thing I would suggest waiting a bit for that one. I think you'll see the PC version in bargain bins soon and though I think its a great game it would be adviseable to wait a bit for that to happen.
    If I may also throw in a recommendation in The Things place. Starfox Adventures. I can't stop playing the game! This may sound blasphemous and all but I'm actually enjoying Starfox Adventures more than Eternal Darkness and even at times more than Mario Sunchine (EEK!). If you enjoyed Zelda 64 or adventure games in general you will not regret buying this game!
    The Thing

11. Dome Vongvises

That's an interesting pic of Cammy you got there. [​IMG]

12. Romier S

Romier S Producer

13. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Screw them all and get Ikaruga and Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance [​IMG]

14. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

I pretty much agree with what Romier said, and the order they are in. But I don't know about The Thing being last. But I would toss in Animal Crossing and SOCOM: US Navy Seals if you have the systems for them.

**** I am going to kick the living hell out if this iMac for logging me out and Calvin back in .... this is Leslie W. not Calvin Watts III who is my fiance. ****

15. Dome Vongvises

I'm off to work at 6:00. I'll probably buy something tonight. Chances are, it won't be Warcraft III, due to my computer sucking.