What's new

Help me please (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
I currently have a 20" JVC tv and am planning on getting a new one.

I have been looking at a 51" Sony Widescreen HDTV, but after measuring it at circuit city today, i feel it may be too big for my apartment. I am now leaning towards a 32"-36" sony wega. But i am not sure if i want to get a 32-36 inch vega with HDTV on it or not. I mean it is alot more for just the HDTV.

Can someone suggest a good 32"-36" tv from sony, i want picture in picture. It does not have to be hdtv, but at the same time, i know everything is gonna change to hdtv in the future.

my price range for a 32-36 inch would be max $1300.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
At that budget you're presently limited to a 32-inch set (though you might find last year's KV-36HS500 at that price if you shop carefully).

Why not go with HD? It really isn't wise to spend $1,000 or more on NTSC-only technology at this late stage of the game.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I agree with Jack, If your going to spend $1,000 or more on a set go with an HDTV set or go with a "Cheap" 36 Inch set to tide you over until your ready to go the HDTV route. You might also wait a little while until "ALL" the new models are out especially the 34 Inch Wide-Screen HDTV sets that will be showing up & in the mean time save up a little more. Right now the Sony 34 Inch Wide-Screen HDTV set is $1,999.99 but I'm sure other companies 34 inchers will be a lot cheaper when they arrive, like Samsung.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
That's a very good set and a wise purchase (especially considering that it has a DVI input).

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
what is a dvi input?

i am thinking about this one because it is hdtv, the reg 32" vega is only $700 so $600 more for hd seems crazy but i might as well do it, right?

they want $1800 ($500 more) for the 36", i am not sure if that is worth it.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Why not look at projectors at that price? You can easily get the sanyo Z1 with a screen for under your budget online. I'd then keep your existing TV for news and the odd tv show and use the PJ for everything else. And the PJ would be a lot easier to move then a large heavy 32-26" TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks