What's new

Help me Pick a Progresive scan DVD player (1 Viewer)

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I need your help. I have narrowed down my choices. I am looking for the best looking picture that I can afford.

Which one is best..

Panasonic RP-56

Toshiba 4700

Tshiba 5700

Toshiba 3755

If none of the above will do, then I could maybe fork outthe cash for a Panasonic RP-91 if it would be a marked difference from the above players?

Thanks for your help!!!

Neil

PS, I have a Toshiba 65H81 HDTV to watch it on.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Panny RP56 over them all. the RP91 is basically the same thing, but with a few more features and it supports DVD-A.

i personally decided to jump up to the RP91 just to keep me from having second thoughts about not buying the best DVD-V/DVD-A player i could afford. the RP91 is the best here, but if you dont need DVD-A, stick to the RP56.

ShanonS

Stunt Coordinator
I second the JVC XV-S60 series. I've had mine for a few months and love it.

Gregory S

Stunt Coordinator
Ron,
I've been reading your threads on the DVP-NS700P, as I've been interested in this DVD player. I'm looking to get something this weekend. This will be my first DVD player!:) I will be using it on a 32" direct view TV (4x3 interlaced only). I hope to get a native 16x9 projector within 1-2 years. Because of my current situation I will need good down-conversion to 4x3 - one reason for the interest in the 700P.
How well does the JVC do down-conversion to 4x3 and how well is it at interlacing?
Did you notice any distracting switching between film and video on the 700P as described in Secrets Shootout II?
What's it like on the JVC?
Thanks,
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks