What's new

Help me pick a new TV for 1000€ (2 Viewers)

Infusion

Auditioning
Real Name
Jogner
Hello. We are moving into a new apartment and our relatives will buy us a new tv for 1000€ (800 pounds, $1278) as a moving in gift.
I am thinking about getting a 50 - 55" tv. I need help with picking a right one. We will watch the tv from the distance of 3 metres (9,85 feet). I will use my TV to watch HD programs (in future), to watch photos on the TV and do some web search via Smart TV (read news and watch YT videos).
I have no idea what brand is the best, but I've heard a lot of great things about Samsung TV's.
I am currently looking at Samsung UE55ES6100 TV (UN55ES6100 on american market), which seems great to me.
http://www.testfreaks.com/televisions/samsung-ue55es6100/
Please suggest me some other TV, If you know any better for its price. Also, how good is UE55ES6100?

Jd123

Auditioning
Real Name
Jay
I don't know if there is a huge difference between the 37 and 55 inch that Samsung offers but I would strongly suggest getting something else.
The functions on the TV are nice to use but the quality of the picture is where I have a problem. The white and colour isn't great, neither is the lag that's present if you ever want to connect to a laptop/desktop/console. This might just be because I have a high quality laptop screen to compare it to but you will most likely notice this regardless.
Currently looking for something better myself so I can't really make a suggestion as to something better, sorry!

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
you need to narrow your search options to plasma or LCD/LED first.
Lots of reading to do.

Infusion

Auditioning
Real Name
Jogner
Hey guys I have already picked a TV that I want to buy but I have some questions. I picked LM620S TV, but I'm wondering if WiDi works on this TV?
And another important question, how many chances are there that I will get defective TV with banding or clouding? I am from Europe, so the model I'm buying is LM620S not LM620T.
I have heard that some people get defective TV's with banding or clouding (or both).
Should I pick some other TV?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hon04