What's new

Help me Pick a New Pair of Paradigm Fronts - Studio 40's???? (1 Viewer)

thomPSDW

Auditioning
I currently have Titon fronts, ADP-470 dipole rears, and atom back speakers with the CC-370 center. I just purchased a PDR-12 sub. I have always like the paradigm sound, so hence the system I have put together. My problem is that my fronts don't pack the punch I need for the size room I have. I was wondering if someone could suggest a new set of fronts that are somewhat timbre matched to my system.

One set I was looking at was Paradigm Studio 40 V.3. Suggestions?

dragonetti

Grip
Real Name
Scott Drago
You need to stay with the Monitor line if you are keeping the 370. I run a pair of 7's up front in a large room and they do surprisingly well, so I recommend 7's or 9's. How big is your room and what are you currently powering with?

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
There could very well be some deals on the older versions of the Monitors... I'd say 7s or 9s are a good place to start... even 3s or 5s are surprisingly efficient if you're looking for a large bookshelf.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Current as in the Titans you have now, or current as in the Monitor V5 Titans you would see today in a Paradigm showroom? They are completely different animals...

thomPSDW

Auditioning
The ones that I have now. They are v3 Titans. I guess what I am trying to contrast is the v3 Titans to a bookshelf like the 5s?

Finally, would the 7s simply outstage all the above? Just trying to get a feel from the experts on how much spend is really worth it.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I would say the Monitor 7s would be of more benefit if/when you do 2ch music listening without a subwoofer, as well as possibly allowing you to use a lower crossover setting and take some midbass strain of of your subwoofer. I'd probably let your movie/music balance be the deciding factor, along with what deals you can find on the used market.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks