Help me pick a new 2005 Nissan! Pathfinder, Xterra, or Frontier? Any current owners?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Michael D. Bunting, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting Screenwriter

Michael
    NO...none of these are Hybrids [​IMG]

2005 Nissan Pathfinder

[​IMG]

2005 Nissan Xterra

[​IMG]

2005 Nissan Frontier crew Cab (NISMO Edition)

[​IMG]

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm a HUGE Pathfinder fan, myself...I am on my 2nd Pathy right now in fact.

I like the Xterra (this 05 model anyway) but it lacks a sunroof option (which is one of the things I love about my PF). Even though I like it...the styling and quality of some of the exterior components kinda irks me...that being said, it is quite a bit cheaper than the PF.

Up until today I had not considered the Frontier. But I really like the NISMO edition Crew Cab...it just looks tough. It has a sunroof...so it has that going for it anyway, which is good [​IMG]

So, what do you all think? Any thoughts you would like to share? Any current owners?

Thanks for any and all feedback!

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Not really a truck guy myself but I awalys digged the looks of the Xterra. And IIRC it now has the VQ motor. [​IMG]

3. Bob_james

Bob_james Extra

i say pathfinder

4. Michael Boyd

Michael Boyd Second Unit

I had a Pathfinder as a rental for 2 weeks in May. I thought the braking left a lot to be desired. It had 12,500 miles on it.

5. Jon_Gregory

Jon_Gregory Stunt Coordinator

I owned a 2000 Frontier Desert Runner (2wd on a 4wd suspension). I have always been a Nissan truck fan. I wanted to get the new Frontier, but simply can not afford a new truck right now.

Here's the thing. Trucks are trucks and have an open bed for a reason. If you don't need the utility that a truck will offer, get one of the SUV's. If you need to carry more passengers comfortably, get the Pathfinder. If you want a sporty type SUV, that's just a bit smaller get the Xtera.

Just my $.02

6. Prentice Cotham

Prentice Cotham Supporting Actor

I intend to buy a Frontier Crew Cab sometime in the fall. The redesign is too sweet and the 265 hp V6 is awesome.

7. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

It will likely end up coming down to whether or not you want the luxury and are willing to pay for it.

The Xterra is my choice honestly though I do really really really like the new Frontier.

8. Michael D. Bunting

Michael
    Thanks for the suggestions fellas....Easrlier this afternoon I picked out a 2005 Solar Yellow Xterra (S) fresh of the delivery truck from Nissan!

I should have it by the weekend sometime!

[​IMG]

9. Ryan Tsang

Ryan Tsang Second Unit

Congrats! I'm so jealous! Gotta love that new car smell.

10. NeerajC

NeerajC Agent

Congrats on your new toy.

You gonna that that thing 4-wheeling?

11. Prentice Cotham

Prentice Cotham Supporting Actor

Cool! Congrats! I wish the Frontier came in that solar yellow color.

12. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

Let me know what you think after a few weeks. Also an idea of gas mileage would be nice.

I've been looking at the Xterra ever since they moved the Pathfinder up in size and price.

13. Michael D. Bunting

Michael
    DaveBB

I will definitely do that!

So far - so good...Just under 200 miles on it thus far...and 197.3 of those are mine [​IMG] It used just under a half a tank for those 197.3 miles...so, about 11 galons used up (out of 21.1) ='s roughly 17.9 MPG..I have been very cautious with her thus far though....don't think I have had it over 75 yet...but she'll do that with no problem for sure.

I looked at the new Pathfinder and...I liked it...but then again, I am a huge Pathfinder fan (like I mentioned above...) as I have owned a 2001 and a 2003 LE...but you are right, they did jump up in price too much, but then again, they did add more features/size this year as well.

I looked at the NISMO Crew Cab Frontier pretty closely too...but I really have no use for an outside truck bed...and my wife liked the X better too [​IMG]

I'm sooo glad I went with the Solar Yellow color...it actually cheers me up a bit while I'm driving to work each day...and I hate driving to work (especially working 12 hr mid shifts like I am now!).

Getting the front drivers/passengers windows tinted later this week...it will look even better then...

14. Bob Graz

Bob Graz Supporting Actor

Good luck with your new Xterra Michael. It looks great in the solar yellow.