Help me pick a 20 inch flat screen!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Christopher_R, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Christopher_R

Christopher_R Auditioning

Alright I was looking at best buy and circuit city this weekend. This is for someone else for their bedroom. I am looking to spend about 200-250 max. The Sony KV20FS100 is a little too pricy at 279 and I think the Toshiba and Panasonic 20 inch flat screen have good to almost better picture quality then the Sony. Anyways I think I have narrowed it down to between the Toshiba 20AF43 and the Panasonic CT20SL13? What do you guys think is a more reliable tv and has better quality? Thanks

2. TylerZ

TylerZ Stunt Coordinator

We bought the Tosh 20AF42 for our kitchen/dinette. I looked at the Sony and I have to agree, I liked the picture on the Tosh better. Some say Toshiba's customer service sucks, but I never had the opportunity to find out, knock wood. I think you'll be pleased with it.

3. Christopher_R

Christopher_R Auditioning

so one for the tosh, I am leaning towards the panny but I want to know what more people think?

4. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Supporting Actor

Christopher, I was exactly where you are now about a year or so ago trying to decide which 20" flat screen to get. Believe me, I researched and checked them out for about 3 months and finally BB marked down the Toshiba 20af42 down to $249.00. It was the one I thought that had the reddest red (I like red to look deep red, not reddish orange) I like the black to look black (not like the greenish black dog color someone once described),actually I thought Panasonic tvs always reproduced the black colors quite well. Plus the Toshiba just looked sharper, the color really stood out and got your attention. Everybody raves so much about the Sonys but I found them to be hit and miss, some of their sets looked pretty good & others great. One look here on this forum and you'll find various members having problems with their Sonys so consider that with a grain of salt. Sharp's 20" was ok, Samsung was pretty decent, JVC actually wasn't too bad and the RCA wasn't even in the same league. I suggest the Toshiba, I do wish you well my friend and hope that this will help you with your decision.

5. Tony Casler

Tony Casler Agent

I have the Toshiba, PQ is great out of the box, and the service menu is easy to access so you can really tweak it to perfection.