What's new

Help me out (1 Viewer)

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
I found the 60 inch sony XS955 at Sams for 3300 bucks. Is this a good price and set? Should I get the extended warranty?

John S

Senior HTF Member
That is a great display, it seems like a fair price. Similar to what I see on the best sale prices on that display.

The extended warranty is really owner preference, all the reasons not to get one as well as all the reasons to get one are both valid.

mylan

Screenwriter
Yes, get it. Run, don't walk. I have the Sony KDF series 60" and I love it. The model you saw is the step up from mine, which includes more inputs, glass cover over the screen. I couldn't justify the price difference though, I paid $3399 vs. $4099 for the XBR.
Native resolution for Sony LCD's is 1366x768 which is scaled to a 720.
I did get the extended warranty as mine covers the lamp, I figured it would pay for itself if it went out in three years, also didn't want to be lugging the set back to the shop if something else went wrong.

mylan

Screenwriter
Looking at it in the store (along with some of the DLPs like Mitsubishi that have glass covers) I could see reflections. Thats another reason I chose the Sony KDF LCD over both the more expensive Sony or any DLP even though I have a dedicated theater and can control lighting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks