What's new

Help me out, I have narrowed my chioces down. (1 Viewer)

Christopher_R

Auditioning
I thought I can decide on what to get for my mom and stepdads house but I need help:). Budget I want to stay around 3,000-3,500 for everything. 200-300 dollars has to budgeted for cables and surge protector. Anyways though I have listen to what there is around here and I really think I have 2 systems set up. 70% HT and TV and 30% music

System one:
Athena SF-2 600 a pair
Athena AS-B2 230 a pair
Athena AS-C1 180
and for sub either a pw 2200 or a svs 20-35 pci or pc plus

System two:
Paradigm Monitor 7 620 as quoted
Paradigm CC-370 299
Paradigm ADP-370 670
and for a sub either a pw 2200 or a svs 20-35 pci or pc plus

Now here comes the hard part, the room is 31x19 and they are having 2 speakers built into the wall towards the back of the room, I am thinking about having maybe 2 lower priced paradigm in-walls speakers built in along with this house and make it a 7.1 system. The receivers I have considered are a yamaha rx 1300 if I don't do the 7.1 system or a 3300 if I do the 7.1 and harman kardon 7200 , but I am really leaning towards the yamaha because of some reliablitly problems and built quality with the harmon kardons and since I cant demo either system with the harman kardon only the yamahas. Anyways if I do go system 2 and a 7.1 setup do you think I could get sound towards the back of the room with the montior 7s because I really like the mid range on the monitor 7s compared to the 9s but I when I listened I thought the 9s covered more room. Also should I get the ADP-370s? They are expensive but I hear they envolpe you more in sound then the mini monitors would for rear sorrounds? Also with the yamaha 3300 will do I need to worry about the speakers. I know I probably wont turn them up that loud but with all the power I dont want to distort out the paradigm 7s that I why I am thinking about the 9s but the 7s I feel are a little better mid range and for HT. Last thing since the paradigms are not magneticly shielded will this matter. The salesman told me it wouldnt with my moms Sony HD rear projection tv? Anyways that was long but I dont want any other recommendations. I am leaning towards the paradigm system because I can deal and the warrenty and the fact that the place I buy the paradigms from will honor that warrenty. Thanks

dajaga

Stunt Coordinator
i like the paradigm my self. i also like the athena but the reason why i bought the paradigm is because i can upgrade them. al so that sounds like a nice system but i would like to suggest the you buy the pw2200 and then upgrade to the servo 15.

ShaunLB

Stunt Coordinator
Either way on the speakers will be a nice setup. And no, you won't have any power concerns with the Yamaha. You should have power to spare.

Christopher_R

Auditioning
Also though what about the magnetic shielding on the paradigms? I know they are not and the salesman told me it would be a waste of money to shield them considering the tv is a rear projection one? Is he right, should I be concerned about magnetic shield at all? Also about pw2200, with the room I think the pw2200 will have a nice time filling the room. I have a friend whose neighboor has a servo 15 and when he turns it up you can hear it at my friends house. I am not kidding. You can probably hear it a block away:) Also what cables should I be going with I have used 16 gauge monster cables in the past but does any one have any recommendations? Thanks.

Christopher_R

Auditioning
Another update. I think we are going to pull the trigger. My friend who knows the manager of the place we are buying all of this stuff from has given us a not so bad deal. Basically here it is. Paradigm System 7 with the monitor 7, cc-370 center speaker, ADP-370 surrounds, a PW2200 sub and a Yamaha RX-1300 receiver for $2,600. What do you guys think pretty good deal? Now I need to know the difference between the RX-1300 and RX-2300, I know it is 10 watts more power which I don't care because 100 watts should be enough and Zone 2 which they do not need but is there anything important as far as adjustable settings go? And alos like I have asked before does it matter if the monitor 7s are not magneticly shielded? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks